Guidelines on sr22 insurance in Washington State
Each state has it own laws and regulations to provide safety to the people living in. Filing of
SR-22 can be confusing and varies for each state. In Washington, drivers require proof of insurance filing form SR
22 mainly after their driver’s license has been revoked or suspended. The sr22 insurance in Washington
State is filed by the insurance company on behalf of the driver. This policy guarantees that the driver
meets the state’s financial responsibility requirements. This form is filed through the Motor Vehicle Department in
the state. Usually in any state this policy will be carried on for three years and incase if your policy lapses
during this time it is the duty of your insurance company to inform the DMV.
Different types of sr22 endorsement:
Sr22 insurance filing is mandatory under Washington driving laws in order to reinstate your
license after being suspended for being booked for DUI, DWI and reckless driving. There are three different types
of these certificates which include the owners one where all the vehicles which are owned are insured. The operator
certificate guarantees the financial responsibility even when the driver does not own the vehicle. The last one is
owner- operator where the driver is insured for the vehicle that he owns or does not. All the drivers in Washington
State are required to have liability insurance coverage with following limits:
- $10,000 for property damage.
- $25,000 for an injury to another person.
- $50,000 for injuries to all other persons in the accident.
These are the minimum requirements by the state and the drivers can have more limits with
Who requires sr22 insurance?
- If you are caught driving without car insurance.
- If you are involved in an accident and not have insurance.
- Driving under the influence of drug/ alcohol.
- Repeated violation of traffic rules or are framed for many tickets in a short time.
- When you drivers license is suspended or revoked.
Requirements for sr22 form in Washington:
- The sr22 endorsement should be carried for consecutive 3 years.
- A letter is sent to the state, resulting in the suspension of the driver’s license if the policy is not
renewed at least 15 days prior to the expiration.
- The driver’s license is reinstated by the state once the policy is renewed.
- It is in the best interest of the insured to renew the policy at least 45 days before the expiration
If you are looking out to avoid obtaining sr22 insurance than a deposit of $60,000 is made to a
state treasurer or obtain a surety bond through a surety company that is licensed to do business with Washington.
If you do not have the money to deposit the best way is to find a licensed insurance company that will file your
sr22 form to the DMV, making sure that insurance policy meets the requirements of the state. Not all auto
insurance carriers in Washington offer this type of insurance. But many carriers are willing to offer it but at
higher rates. To find the cheap insurance quote it is better that you shop around scout out great deals on
internet by comparing quotes from different companies.
Serenity Insurance is one of the most reputable companies with 30 years of experience in
insurance business. They serve 47 states including Washington to help people get back on their feet by providing
them with best resource and affordable insurance. They treat all the people with dignity and respect and maintain
complete confidentiality. So now you know who to approach if you are looking out for sr-22 insurance, so do not
waste time and get back your driving privileges.